Set-Up IMMEDIATELY Your Organisation for Home-Working.
On the 3rd March, the Government published the Coronavirus action plan. In his address to the nation, Boris Johnson said that a fifth of UK workers “could be off sick at the same time”. It is “highly likely that we will see a growing number of UK cases”.
Coronavirus shows no signs of stopping. It is of paramount importance that your organisation is well-equipped with a business continuity plan, allowing employees to work from home. Ensure there is no disruption to your customers. Should just ONE member of your staff develop symptoms, ALL staff may have to be immediately sent home to work.
Hundreds of UK organisations such as Deloitte, Sony, Crossrail, Chevron and Law Firm Baker McKenzie, as well as 17 schools across the UK, have closed their offices and told their thousands of employees to work remotely.
Agile Working & The Coronavirus
As an organisation, ask yourself: if you asked your employees to ‘self-isolate’ and leave the office, how would your business continue? Would it cause a big disruption between customers and harm your customer experience? Or would there be virtually no difference and all employees can work from home on their laptops, connected to your organisation’s data network securely ensuring all inbound customer calls are taken and distributed seamlessly to the right staff first time?
Put a plan in place for your organisation so that:
Help for Staff:
- Use existing home telephones to become ‘like magic’ your office desk phone linking to all users & becoming an extension automatically.
- A desk-phone or mobile phone that seamlessly connects to the office and displays inbound number so staff know who is calling AND presents the right company number when dialling out.
- All employees across all departments can contact each other as they would in the office, but while at home. E.g. with the right customer data records, phone calls to each other with a clear view of who is available or on calls.
- All staff have laptops/tablets connected to the business data network so they can access files and customer information securely ensuring customer data records are encrypted with a reliable, fast and secure business-grade internet connection – ensuring the highest customer experience.
Help for Management & Directors – Management Information Dashboards
- Call logs of all calls in & out for each staff member working from home real-time and/or historically.
- Call recordings of all staff calls accessed by management with permissions and/or linked to customer file records.
- Visibility of who is on/off the phone whilst at home with reporting apps which enable you to keep track of how many calls each staff member is taking. Is one employee taking a lot more calls than others?
Typically, businesses are increasing their remote working capacities and capabilities, and increasing their bandwidth in preparation for such a scenario. Matrix247 can quickly help you with:
- Business Continuity plans you can send customers to reassure them of your support
- Remote access seamlessly – no charges for diverted calls.
- Linking together back-office applications like CRM to telephony to record all data transmissions and calls.
- Bandwidth increase for fast access.
- Clever low-cost mobile apps. These enable staff private mobiles to separate the personal side to the business side for security and privacy.
- Intelligent routing of inbound and outbound calls so customers experience a seamless transition.
Coronavirus Prevention Methods:
- Keep all doors in the office open to avoid touching door handles
- Avoid public events unless necessary
- Have conference calls instead of business meetings
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Stay at home if you are feeling unwell