It is essential that the field sales executive is a self-starter, happy generating own leads and with limited supervision.
It is important there is a clear marketing strategy and segmentation and the role has the full support of the managing director/sales and marketing director.
This is a new business sales role taking the company’s telecoms/datacoms solutions to law firms and other professional services businesses (accountants, insurance, recruitment). It is a high activity role but with the right messages one that can have a short sales cycle. Reporting to the MD/Head of Sales and Marketing.
- The achievement of new business sales targets through the acquisition of new clients
- Lead generation on the designated territory
- Maintain an effective profile of clients against the company standard
- Conversion of leads generated by any marketing, telesales and a developing referrer network
- To develop a strategy and territory plan in conjunction with the head of sales and marketing
- To effectively manage the pipeline
- To comply with the requirements of the in house CRM system and KPI reporting
- Able to effectively work with collaborators and referrers
- For new clients for the first year ensure effective client management for retention and development across product lines
- To build a solid relationship with all key contacts (levels and disciplines) and to demonstrate personal and company integrity and to keep the prospect confident
- Ensure the development of clients as referrers and advocates
- To provide a monthly report to the right standard to the Head of sales and marketing
Dimensions and Scope
- Target new clients
- Targeted GP £30k per month
- Basic salary c £35k, OTE £60k plus escalation for over performance, company car allowance
- Ideally sales experience within the professional services sector and owner-managed businesses
- Ideally telecoms or IT products and services
- At least 3 years sales experience with a demonstrable track record
- Ideally use of a CRM system for marketing and pipeline management
- Clear new business and personal lead generation skills
A natural communicator both written and verbal. A presence that commands immediate interest and respect from a professional organisation. Ability to socialise naturally. Ability to give formal and informal presentations. Great telephone ability. Able to get commitment and delivery from clients and in house staff where no line control. Able to freely question clients to fully understand their business requirements.
Ability to listen, question and assimilate and then to present a relevant and attractive Matrix247 solution. Ability to identify opportunities for the business in multiple and changing and pressured environments.
The ability to collaboratively develop a strategy for the territory and then stick to the plan. Ability to implement, monitor and manage the plan. Ability to manage own time and to generate sufficient leads for achievement of targets. Able to manage and improve the pipeline. Able to get co-operation from internal and external resource not directly managed.
Aspiration and Motivation
Enjoy being part of a successful business and management team. Pleasure from over achievement of objectives and targets and the potential reward. Hard work. Able to commit. Reward geared to performance. Potential development and additional responsibility within a growing company.
Able and willing to travel extensively and work long hours, sometimes at short notice. Have the facility and discipline to work from the home environment.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we cannot respond to each one individually and do not provide feedback. Therefore, should you be successful in the recruitment process you will hear from us no later than 10th December 2019. Otherwise, we thank you for your application and interest in the Company.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000.00 to £60,000.00 /year