- Ability to Remotely Locate, Lock & Wipe Devices
- Separate Firm Data & Client Files from Personal Data
- Create, Edit & Store Information in Secure Containers
- Mobile Device Management
Established in 2005 and based in Stoke-on-Trent, Myers & Co Solicitors is a full-range law firm with a team of specialist lawyers.
Due to GDPR, an area that Myers & Co Solicitors wished to consider was the security on their firm?s mobile devices. For instance, how do they ensure compliance of GDPR when staff access data out of the office?
Myers & Co Solicitors deployed Mobile Device Management across all their company mobiles to ensure the security of confidential client data.
Mobile Device Management is the role of enabling IT to control the securing, monitoring, integrating and managing of mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops in the workplace. It?s a necessity for all law firms who have a mobile workforce and are conscious about security. Myers & Co Solicitors have optimised the functionality and security of mobile devices within the workplace, whilst also protecting the corporate network and any corporate data that gets downloaded or synced to the mobile device.
Without a successful security strategy in place, a law firm could suffer the financial, regulatory and reputational consequences following a serious data security breach. Consequently, penalties can result in fines of up to 4% of a law firms global annual turnover or ?20M.
Benefits & Awareness
- Visibility of Device Utilisation: Gaining visibility of which devices and apps are accessing business services will assist with GDPR. In the event of a data breach, the IT administrator can demonstrate exactly which actions took place leading up to the compromise and what actions IT or the data protection officer took as a result.
- Device Security Threats: Protecting mobile devices from security threats is crucial. Appropriate security configurations and policies to the devices and applications will need to be undertaken.
- Keeping Personal Data and Business Data Separate. Establishing a clear boundary between the user?s personal data and the business data on their work mobile device is crucial. This will help to minimise data as well as complying with the integrity and the confidentiality principle of GDPR.
- Jailbroken & Hacked Devices will be unable to access the business container as well as devices containing malware, due to Mobile Device Management.
- Preventive Measures: Features such as ?screenshot? and ?copy & paste? can be disabled to prevent data/material being taken from the container and shared elsewhere.
To see what Matrix247 can do for your firm, please email us or call our experienced team today on 0345 36 20 247.