Poole Alcock LLP operates from six locations throughout Cheshire including Alsager, Chester, Congleton, Crewe, Nantwich and Sandbach. With over 120 years experience, Poole Alcock combines their traditional values with the very latest in modern technology to ensure all their prospective and existing clients receive the most friendly and efficient service possible from their existing 90+ team of staff and partners.
Poole Alcock had separate telecoms agreements for each practice location with a number of different telecom systems deployed using different manufacturers. In addition, line and telecom call routing was being supplied by several carriers. There was no connection between their existing client management system and the telephony system. The core objective was to find a single supplier & a single manufacturer & carrier for all locations and to ensure investment in the new telecoms platform allowed connectivity with investments being made in their new Practice Management System to enhance further the client care being delivered when communicating with clients. The automatic sharing of knowledge between staff of client interaction was fundamental. Build in a cost effective home worker solution enabling staff and partners to seamlessly work remotely whilst keeping completely visible for staff to communicate as though in the office.
Although the technology was available to achieve objectives, the challenge was to deliver this with an extremely low additional monthly increase to existing communication costs. In addition find a supplier who was willing to take complete responsibility in dealing with the existing suppliers and carriers to ensure a smooth transition when implementing any change. The practice was also relocating into a new HQ in Nantwich which had key timescales to adhere to for all services. In addition to this, a business continuity model was to ensure potential risk was being managed.
Matrix247 delivered Samsung telephony processors at each practice location which built in a high level of disaster recovery options enabling the firm to demonstrate to the SRA auditors its focus around managing risk in the firm. This also enabled all the remote locations to operate as a ‘single’ telecom system enabling transparency for operators of all staff across the firm including those wishing to be home or remotely based.
- Immediate awareness by operators of clients call history with ALL practice staff enables unprecedented knowledge share to assist clients speedily and diligently.
- Ability to divert calls to external office locations so the phone never goes unanswered and clients are never left with continuous ringing.
- Enhanced performance – fast, seamless call handling; on-screen dialing & intuitive features have enabled enhanced client care from staff and partners.
- Home working solutions given to give the staff so they don't have to be in the office unless necessary.
- Built in Disaster Recovery Planning with the SRA Principle 8 in Managing Risk.
- Installation of Case Management (SOS) Integration with Calendar Integration.
- Cost justification between locations by deploying video conferencing software reducing fee-earner travelling to the firms practices costing time.
- Ability to introduce clients to partners at other locations was enabled to ‘warm-up’ introductions for the next services they may require from the firm.